Darlin’, I know it’s over,
But every time I think of then,
And I remember how happy we both were
I can’t help but wonder when,
Baby, will I ever find such a Love again
Maybe somewhere down the line,
Or will I have to pretend to be content
With a little Peace of Mind.
Even my dreams are crowded
With images of you.
There ain’t nothing to be done about it,
I just wanted you to know it’s true.
Then maybe, Baby, every once in a while
You could think about me sometime,
And maybe if the memory makes you smile,
I can find a little Peace of Mind.
( refrain ) ‘Cause Peace of Mind
Doesn’t seem that much to ask
But Peace of Mind
Isn’t such an easy task
Maybe somewhere down the line,
When a little bit of time has passed,
I can think of you, and be happy too,
And have a little Peace of Mind at last.
Sometimes I wish I had a picture of you
That I could hide away somewhere,
And I could take it out at night, and I could look at you;
Nobody’d have to know that I still care.
Then I remember your face is etched somewhere
On the back walls of my mind,
And every now and then I go back there
To try to find a little Peace of Mind.
( repeat refrain )
( repeat refrain )
1 comment:
Your words are beautiful, though they make me weep. Thank you just the same.
Post a Comment