I lay on the grass, may head thrown back,
And I watch the stars, and hope you see them where you are.
Hung so high up in the night, crystal teardrops shining bright,
And shining so far. Can you see them where you are?
And when you see them, can you but understand,
Or do you just see stars where I see tears?
We both have eyes that see, but our hearts focus differently.
You see the Real where I see the True; it’s that difference that’s you.
It’s that difference that’s you.
I lay on the sand, twice broken heart in my hands,
And I watch the waves, rushing mad toward their graves.
Each one like the one before, dies upon some foreign shore:
Gods, they must be brave, if not depraved.
And when you see them, can you but understand,
Or do you just see tides where I see pain?
We both have eyes that see, but our hearts focus differently.
You see the Real where I see the True; it’s that difference that’s you.
It’s that difference that’s you.
I walk down the street, asphalt beneath my feet,
And I watch the lights, of the City at night.
Cold where there was a warmth before, brazen like some neon whore,
They’re blinding my eyes, and offending the Sky/
And when you see them, can you but understand,
Or do you just see lights where I see shame?
We both have eyes that see, though our hearts focus differently.
You see the Real where I see the True; it’s that difference that’s you.
It’s that difference that’s you.
Where I see the True, you see the Real; it’s that difference I feel.
It’s that difference I feel.
No comments:
Post a Comment