I know I never will forget
the first time that we met.
It was like the clouds had been listed
from the bright face of the sun.
And when I gazed into your eyes
and saw the flame deep inside,
I prayed that you might just
be the one.
Although we’d both been hurt before,
we decided to try once more,
And in no time at all
we fell fast in love.
But then the scars of your old pain
made you pull away
Until I woke one day
to find you had gone.
Still you come to me again
in my dreams, in my dreams.
You run to me again
In my dreams, in my dreams.
You say you only want me as a friend.
Well I guess I can pretend,
But don’t blame me if I still love you
in my dreams.
Now I see you almost every day,
but still it’s not the same,
Though you sometimes smile as if you still cared
when we meet.
But I miss that old sweet flame.
It’s like your heart’s been locked away,
And the passion is no longer there
when you speak.
But I still think of you.
It’s the first that I do
Every single morning
when I rise,
And I still hold you tight
every blessed night.
You come to me the moment
I close my eyes.
You come to me again
in my dreams, in my dreams.
You run to me again
in my dreams, in my dreams,
You say you only want me as a friend.
Well, I guess I can pretend,
But don’t blame me if I still love you
In my dreams.
Yes, I still think of you.
It’s the first thing that I do
Every single morning
when I rise,
And I still hold you tight
every blessed night;
You come to me the moment
I close my eyes.
You come to me again
in my dreams, in my dreams.
You run to me again
in my dreams, in my dreams,
You say you only want me as a friend.
Well, I guess I can pretend,
But don’t blame me if I still love you
in my dreams.
If you’ll only have me as a friend,
well that’s this all began,
But don’t blame me if I still love you
in my dreams.
No comments:
Post a Comment