When you walk into the room
I hear Music,
A melody
like the first sweet breath of Spring.
I hear my name upon your lips,
and it’s like Magic,
And from my Heart to my Soul
I want to sing.
But my heart’s been racing
from the moment I first saw you.
In such a state
it’s hard to find the proper tune,
And mortal words
would ill compare
to a melody so fair.
I hear Music
when you walk into the room.
I never knew
there was a sound just like a sunrise.
I never knew
that even rainbows had a tune,
But that’s the music that I hear
when I see your eyes.
Is it any wonder that I fell
for you so soon?
So please forgive me
if I tend to wax romantic,
But keeping silent’s
something I could never do,
Not when I know
my worst nightmare
is any night without you there.
I hear Music
when you walk into the room.
The effect you have on me
is quite astounding.
I can’t think
of anything but you.
And when I do
I can feel my heart pounding,
To find all my fondest dreams
at last come true.
A symphony of violins
in the moonlight
Would be as nothing
to the Angel Song of you.
I no longer
wonder why,
I merely know until I die
I’ll hear Music
when you walk into the room.
2 comments:
Hi there from England! Just to let you know I've mentioned your blog on mine for reasons which will be clear if you click on http://martinsmoths.blogspot.com/ and read today's entry (28th August 08)
All best - I enjoy your poetry and your thoughts.
Martin Wainwright
PS We all (well nearly all) like Obama over here but I wouldn't presume to advise you on your own country's politics
This is such a wonderful poem! JL is a lucky lady! We miss you guys. Hope to see you this April.
Linda
Post a Comment